Georgetown Media Fest is an event that was began in the CCT program as a way to engage the Georgetown creative community in a collaborative, multidisciplinary space.
The Media Fest mission is:
- To create a forum for Georgetown students to display and present their artistic work (music, art, film, performance).
- To design an event with a playful, festive atmosphere, rather than a strictly academic event.
- To incorporate aspects of design thinking and reflective pedagogy into the submission, curation and creative process leading up to the event.
- To engage the larger Georgetown audience, creating an opportunity for students to exhibit their work outside of their peers, faculty, or department.
- To expose members of the Georgetown and DC community to thought-provoking and innovative forms of art and new media.