Resources for CCTers
At CCT, coursework is only one part of a student’s schedule. To prepare for their future careers, CCTers actively seek out opportunities to connect with and learn from the Georgetown community and beyond. Even after graduation, alumni continue to find their CCT and Hoya community to be a powerful network.
For CCT students
CCTers have access to the following:
Career fairs, alumni panels and other events organized by the Graduate Career Center.
- Skills workshops, career advising and job expos offered by Georgetown’s Cawley Career Education Center.
- Student jobs at research centers across campus through the Office of Student Employment.
- Off-campus jobs and internships shared through weekly emails from the CCT Program. Many tips come from CCT alumni.
- Project management opportunities through student-run projects.
Conference travel grants awarded by Georgetown’s Graduate School.
- Connections to CCT alumni through the Communication, Culture & Technology Network on LinkedIn. (This group is only open to the CCT community.)
- Connections to Georgetown alumni through Hoya Gateway, an online platform matching students to grads who volunteer advising time and expertise.
- Networking opportunities at speaker events and workshops open to the University community.
For students and alumni
Funding for Research and Professional Endeavors:
- Unity Global Graduate Fellowship Program (game development)
- Berkman Center for Internet & Society, Fellowships
- Hillary Rodham Clinton Communications Fellowship
- Kathryn Davis Fellows at the Middlebury Language Schools
- Knight Foundation Funding Opportunities
- National Endowment for the Humanities Grants
- Cosmos Club Foundation Grant-in-Aid to Young Scholars
- American Historical Association Grants and Fellowships
Job search sites:
- Idealist.org Jobs
- The Alliance for Media, Arts + Culture Job Bank
- EnvironmentalScience.org Jobs
- Philanthropy News Digest Jobs Board
- Non-profit Career Match