CCT's Spring 2016 Open House
Missed our Open House? Watch the recording on CCT’s YouTube channel (new window), available after 5 PM on Tuesday April 12.
The Spring 2016 Open House featured the following Q & A panel discussions:
1. How CCT students learn from faculty
a. Navigating CCT course options
b. Working with faculty
c. Maximizing the faculty-student relationship
2. How CCT students create their own learning opportunities
3. A week in the life of a CCT student
4. Transitioning to Student Life
5. Ask an Alum, featuring CCT 2010 graduate, Uday Shakour
At the Open House, attendees were given these handouts:
1. A Week in the Life of a CCTer: this sample schedule will give you an idea of how CCTers maximize their time.
2. Navigating CCT (new window): this explains how to put together a CCT curriculum.
If you would like to review the Fall schedule of classes, please have your University NetID and password ready. The notification you received from the Graduate School about your admission should have explained how to get your password as well.
Once you have this:
– Go to http://registrar.georgetown.edu/ (new window)
– Look on the left-hand column “Quick Links” for Schedule of Classes.
– Select “Main Campus.”
– Under “Subject,” select “Communication, Culture & Technology,” then click “Class Search.”
You would not be able to register for anything yet. CCT will send instructions about registration and orientation in June.
At the Open House, we also talked about housing in DC. A good place to start is Georgetown’s Off-Campus Housing Services website (new window). The section on Resources (new window) includes a list of Neighborhoods to Consider (new window) and important tips on renting. Also, there will be a Housing Fair especially for graduate students on Friday June 10 from 10:00am – 12:00pm at McShain Lounge in McCarthy Hall (new window) on campus.