CCT's Spring 2016 Open House
Watch the recordings below. If you have any trouble viewing the videos, please try setting up a VPN (virtual private network) first.
These are the Spring 2016 Open House videos:
– Welcome to CCT
– How is CCT different from other graduate programs?
– What is it like to be a CCT student?
– CCT students give advice on transitioning to student life
– Ask an Alum, featuring Uday Shakour, CCT 2010
At the Open House, attendees were given these handouts:
1. A Week in the Life of a CCTer: this sample schedule will give you an idea of how CCTers maximize their time.
2. Navigating CCT: this explains how to put together a CCT curriculum.
3. Course Descriptions Fall 2016: this lists the CCT courses available to incoming students. Please note that you will not be able to register until you receive an email in June with instructions.
You may also review the Fall schedule of classes. To do so, please have your University NetID and password ready. The notification you received from the Graduate School about your admission should have explained how to get your password as well.
Once you have this:
– Go to http://registrar.georgetown.edu/
– Look on the left-hand column “Quick Links” for Schedule of Classes.
– Select “Main Campus.”
– Under “Subject,” select “Communication, Culture & Technology,” then click “Class Search.”
At the Open House, we talked about housing in DC. A good place to start is Georgetown’s Off-Campus Housing Services website. The section on Resources includes a list of Neighborhoods to Consider and important tips on renting. Also, there will be a Housing Fair especially for graduate students on Friday June 10 from 10:00am – 12:00pm at McShain Lounge in McCarthy Hall on campus.
We also talked about financing graduate studies. Please see the updated Cost of Attendance figures. U.S. students considering federal loan packages may contact the Student Financial Services staff for assistance and refer to the Financial Aid Information for Full-time Students and Part-time Students. International students are advised to review the SmartStudent Guide to Studying in the USA and Financial Resources for International Students.
2016-04-08: Welcome to CCT
2016-04-08: How is CCT different from other graduate programs (1 of 3)
2016-04-08: How is CCT different from other graduate programs (2 of 3)
2016-04-08: How is CCT different from other graduate programs (3 of 3)
2016-04-08: What is it like to be a CCT student (1 of 2)
2016-04-08: What is it like to be a CCT student (2 of 2)
2016-04-08: CCT students give advice on transitioning to student life (1 of 2)
2016-04-08: CCT students give advice on transitioning to student life (2 of 2)