CCT Fall 2017 Orientation
CCT’s Orientation Day for new students will take place on Monday, August 28. Orientation is mandatory as this is the best time to meet the people who will be a big part of your grad student life. Additional materials are provided below to help you navigate your new environment.
First, prepare for Orientation by bringing at least TWO items:
- ONE question that you would like to explore academically at CCT. Make the question reasonably specific. For example: “How are new communication technologies changing beekeeping communities?” Rather than: “What are the new communication technologies?”
- Questions you would like answered in the Academics Q&A and Student Initiatives Q&A.
All sessions will be in the Healey Family Student Center, Social Room, except for the CCT Tour.
See: Getting to Georgetown, Interactive Campus Map, Printable Campus Map.
|8:30 AM||Check In and Morning Coffee|
|9:00 AM||Meet CCT Faculty and Staff|
|10:30 AM||Meet Fellow Students|
|11:45 AM||Tour CCT-significant spots in the Car Barn|
|1:45 PM||Learn about the Maker Hub, Gelardin New Media Center, Lauinger Library and Cawley Career Center|
|2:15 PM||Academics Q&A: Sarah Twose and student panelists will answer your questions about curriculum options and registration issues|
|3:15 PM||Student Initiatives Q&A: Student panelists will answer your questions about gnovis, Tech Tour, Car Barn Labs, Media Fest GreenUp, and Georgetown Forum|
|4:00 PM||Social Hour with current CCTers and alums|
- Cawley Career Center Services
- Gelardin New Media Center
- Lauinger Library
- Writing Center
- Guides and Resources
- “The biggest differentiator in business now is good writing.” Check out this Washington Post article on polishing your writing skills for future careers.
Academic Expectations and Processes:
- CCT Academics
- Georgetown Honor Council